dECOrating with style


Lately I’ve been on the lookout for furnishings to add to my home. 6 months ago I moved to a lovely big Queenslander with dark wood panelling, original floral detailing on the ceilings and a funky old fire place. I have taken my time in deciding how to decorate. Being a rental I’m limited to the furnishings but besides the old carpet (probably was once a light beige) it’s in fairly good spape.
So I have set myself a eco challenge of decorating with low impact, recycled or preloved furnishings. Besides the pieces I have already purchased ( :0 I went recently to ikea) I will continue decorating with eco style. So I will post updates to my challenge as it unfolds.
I love 2nd hand furniture which suits the style of this century old house. Not only because its recycling, but because there is so many treasures out there with so much more pleasure to give. I have collected various pieces now, but I need to bring it all together with the decoration of pictures, lamps cushions ect.. Those little extras that make the place look homely.


I just found the perfect cushions for my futon lounge/day bed. Marina Cavalieri has some beautiful prints on 100% organic cotton/linen blend fabric. Marina's work is intricate and organic with an art deco flavour. My first purchase will be her namesake cushions in red. I can see them scattered on my choc brown covered daybed complementing some huge raspberry red cushions.

Eco on xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment